1. A small party can beat a big political party.
2. But the temperature must be favorable. In this case, the political temperature must be right for the small party.
3. Teamwork is very important. Having a strategy is very important.
4. Soccer is about winning, not about check and balance. So is politics.
5. There is no need to win every game to advance to the next stage. Similarly, one does not need 87 seats to form a govt. A simple majority of 50 seats is more than enough. All it takes is 20 strong candidates and 30 electable candidates, and we can kick the PAP out of power.
6. FAS Goal 2010 is a joke. One cannot use population size as any kind of excuse. Nor can one import foreign talent to make it to the World Cup. Fail just say fail, ok?