1. Sue his pants off. Bankrupt the guy. Take away his passport. Make his life hell for the next 20 years. Probability: Likely.
2. Go for pre-trial negotiations. Settle at $30K, just like the Old Men. Probability: Possibly.
3. As above, but settle at $15K (ie same share as what each of the two old men got). Probability: Not likely.
4. Drop the suit. Lose face. Lose credibility. Probability: Highly unlikely.
5. Claim the whole thing was an ‘honest mistake’, blame it on the Environment Minister for the freak weather which clouded his judgement. Probability: Once in 50 Years.